Dr. Bernard Fialkoff is a distinguished Awardee of the Pierre Fauchard Academy and International College of Dentists for excellence in dentistry and community service. And has been recognized nationally in Who’s Who for his philanthropic endevor. Dr. Bernard Fialkoff graduated with a DDS Degree at the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1980. He received the Alpha Omega Award as class valedictorian, receiving 9 of the 27 graduation awards that day, and was elected to OKU Academic Honor Society. Dr Fialkoff received his Periodontal and Dental Implant post-graduate board eligibility at the combined Memphis Veterans Administration Hospital and University of Tennessee Dental School Post Graduate Specialty Program in 1982. He established his Bayside, New York practice in 1982, and delivers Periodontics, Dental Implantology, Laser Therapy and Dental Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in a calm, ethical and patient friendly manner. Dr. Fialkoff has taught periodontics and dental Implantology to many dentists, and runs a monthly study group for local dentists. His office offers state of the art computerized digital low-radiation dental x-rays, intra-oral camera that clearly demonstrate oral findings, full steam sterilization and cleanliness, and an energetic empathetic dental staff. Dr. Fialkoff and staff have worked closely with local dentists to help achieve patient dental goals for over 40 years.
- Periodontics post-graduate certificate Memphis Veterans Administration Hospital
- University of Tennessee Dental School 1982
- Director of Implant Certainty Training Program and Fialkoff dental study group 1995-Present
- Secretary Spanish American Study Club 1994-1996
- Featured lecturer/moderator at Annual Spanish American Medical Congresses – 1984-2002
- “Implantology and Periodontology”
- Featured lecturer at Queens Academy of General Dentistry meetings on
- “Periodontology and Implantology”
- Clinical Instructor – Flushing Hospital Medical Center 1982-1985
- Visiting Lecturer – State University of New York Stony Brook Dental School 1984-1992
- Lecturer – 2-day Implant/Periodontology Surgical Course for Dominican Republic study group 8/1997
-American Academy of Endodontics Award
-American Academy of Periodontology Award
-American Association of Endodontics, Award for Excellence in Endodontics
-Award of Merit Humanitarian Service Award, US Africa Cooperation and International Human Rights Commission
-Block Drug Senior Award
-Drug Free Hero Award
-Honorary member of the Fraternal Order of Police
-Honorary member of High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area program (HIDTA)
-Honorary member of the National Latino Officers Association
-Honorary member of Rockland County Hispanic Police Association, Community in Action
-Interfaith Medical Center’s “Leadership in Dental Education” Award
-James Horn Memorial Children’s Dentistry Award
-Kiwanis Community Service Award
-Leon Isenbud Oral Pathology Award
-Nassau County Legislature Carrie Solages District 3 Citation
-National Coalition of Latino Officers Foundation Community Service Award
-Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Membership Award
-Opencare Patient’s Choice Winner
-Operative Dentistry Award
-Pierre Fauchard Honorary Society induction and award
-Senator Jamaal T. Bailey Special Citation of Recognition
-Senator Kevin S Parker Certificate of Recognition
-International College of Dentists Award
-International Freedom Medal Award for Drug Education
- “DENTISTRY WITHOUT CARIES – THE CHALLENGE OF THE FUTURE” DENTAL STUDENT MAGAZINE 9/80; 13
- “EXPOSURE OF THIRD MOLARS – A CASE REPORT” NORTHEAST SOCIETY OF PERIODONTOLOGY JOURNAL 6/82
- “ACID DEMINERALIZATION IN PERIODONTAL THERAPY” J WESTERN SOCIETY OF PERIODONTOLOGY 6/82
-American Academy of Periodontology
-American Academy of Laser Dentistry
-American Dental Association
-Honorary member of Aesthetic Dentistry and Professional Testing Organization (ADAPT)
-Honorary member of Rockland County Hispanic Police Association, Fraternal Order of Police, Community in Action
-Long Island Academy of Odontology
-PACE Provider of Academy of General Dentistry
-Queens County Dental Society
– Founder and President of the Fialkoff Dental Study Club. Founded in the early ‘90’s, Dr. Fialkoff has produced hundreds of continuing education seminars that meet monthly and provide Tristate dental professionals with continuing education credits.
– Founding Sponsor and President of the Foundation for a Drug Free World of The Americas Chapter, a federal 501c3 non-profit organization. Since 2006, under Dr. Fialkoff’s leadership, the chapter has conducted more than 1500 events and training workshops, many in which Dr. Fialkoff presented. The chapter has educated more than 100,000 youth throughout the Eastern Seaboard of the USA and in Central America.
- In 2014, the chapter forged an agreement with the National Council of Drugs of the Dominican Republic for national implementation and training of the program. In 2015, a national Drug Free World office was opened in Santo Domingo, under the direction of Dr. Fialkoff. Dr. Fialkoff trained the national drug counselors on drug education and prevention in 2014 and 2017.
- In 2016, Dr. Fialkoff signed a national agreement with the Haitian Council on Drugs. He also visited with Salvadorian and Guatemalan government and private officials to open offices, and deliver training and materials to these countries.
- Forged partnerships with the Miss New York Organization, Miss Connecticut USA Organization, National Latino Officers Association, United Chaplains, Police Athletic League, YMCA, New York City Police Department, International Alliance of Chaplains and Law Enforcement and others.
- Sponsored and participated on floats at the Puerto Rican Day Parades in Manhattan and Brooklyn, 2016 and 2018, the African American Day Parade, Dominican Day Parade and others.
- Received more than 30 government recognitions including from: Senator Chuck Schumer, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Congresswoman Grace Meng, Senator Jose Peralta, NYC Public Advocate Letitia James, NYC Comptroller Scott Stringer, Mayor Bill De Blasio, Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer, Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz and others.
- Trained more than 5000 NYPD School Safety Officers on illicit drugs and synthetic drugs education.
- Developed Drug Free World Ambassador program and brought on United Nations Ambassadors, Law Enforcement and bestowed the title and duties to many other international leaders; brought on Celebrity Ambassadors including Rebecca Minkoff, Erika Christensen and Kerri Kasem.
- Cultivated partnerships with the Harlem Wizards and other brand ambassadors / celebrities; arranged sponsorship events with the Super Bowl, NFL Draft and NBA Draft.
- Keynote speaker at Brooklyn Borough Hall 8th Annual Interfaith Memorial for Haiti Earthquake Victims with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams.
- Rang Opening Bell at Nasdaq and presented at opening ceremony alongside Nasdaq Vice President and Fashion Designer Rebecca Minkoff.
- Keynote speaker at more than six United Nations international conventions. Produced and sponsored two drug-education and cultural sustainability conferences at the United Nations with the Permanent Mission of El Salvador, Permanent Mission of Lesotho, Permanent Mission of Senegal and others.
- Held two press conferences with Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, one on the release of the foundation’s new synthetic drugs educational booklets and the second on the availability of the drug education materials in Chinese for Brooklyn’s Chinese-speaking constituency. Keynote speaker at Town Hall Meeting with the Office of Assemblyman Ortiz.
- Keynote speaker at drug education interfaith training Seminar at Brooklyn Borough Hall with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams.
- Featured lecturer on opioid education, prescription drug abuse prevention and illicit drug abuse and prevention in Germany, UK, Canada, Columbia, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Scotland and Guatemala.
- Featured Lecturer at the National Latino Officers Association of America 2016, 2017.
– Founder and President of the Implant Certainty Training Program, training Tristate dental professionals on the latest implant placement and restoration techniques. The training program has been meeting bi-annually for more than a decade and has been recognized by Zimmer / Biomet 3i Implant Innovations among other dental-focused companies.
– Founded and directed two US-Cuba Humanitarian Trips bringing dentists from around the USA on a mission and exchange to Havana, providing thousands of dollars of donations to the dental community in Cuba.
– Created an oral health care program and brochure on how to implement the oral health community education programs: “Healthy Smiles, Healthy Lives” “Give Kids a Smile” and “Fall for Smiles” for each dentist’s local community. Presented numerous oral health care events under these banners throughout schools and community centers in New York City, including at:
- #GivingTuesday event at Divine Wisdom Catholic Academy Bayside Campus
- Fall for Smiles event at Bayside Civic Association
- Give Kids a Smile event at St. Robert Bellarmine School
- America’s Tooth Fairy event at Flushing Child Center of NY
- Give Kids A Smile event at Queens Early Learning Center of Bayside with Senator Tony Avella and Patterson Dental
- Healthy Mouths, Healthy Smiles event at Colonial Church of Bayside with Councilman Daniel Halloran and Sonicare.
– Ran the “Set a Good Example” program for NYC youth from 1992-1994 to help youth with goals and integrity.